Marketing VF Limited ("we", "us", "our") is committed to respecting and protecting your personal information and privacy. We treat with the utmost care the personal information that you provide to us, or that we collect from you, through our website located at https://www.greendeal.co.uk/ ("our site").
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Marketing VF Limited.
Marketing VF Limited is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 06951544, whose registered office address is at Ryland House, 24a Ryland Road, London NW5 3EH, United Kingdom.
We are registered under the Act with the UK Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) under registration number Z1995728.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT, AND HOW WE MAY COLLECT IT
When you request price comparisons, quotes or further information for products or services that are shown on our site, by completing and submitting our online form, you will provide us with the following personal and other information: Your first name, last name, email address, postal address, postal code, telephone number, age. We will keep a record of this information.
Our online forms may require other information to help us to understand your requirements, and find suitable suppliers for you.
Depending on the type of supplier that you are looking for, such information may include sensitive personal information. For example, if you are looking for suppliers of cosmetic surgery or other medical procedures, we may ask you to provide some details about your physical health or condition. By completing and submitting any sensitive personal information, you will be deemed to have given us your explicit consent to process such information for the purpose of finding suitable suppliers for you and putting you in contact with such suppliers.
From time to time, we may change our online forms, and the personal and other information that we require.
We may also collect and record your personal information if you:
- Complete and submit other forms on our site
- Contact us, or we contact you, by email, telephone or post for any reason
- Post comments, material or other content on our site
- Participate in promotions or competitions on our site
- Complete surveys or polls on our site or that we send you
We may monitor and/or record telephone calls for the purposes of quality control and staff training.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR INFORMATION
When you request price comparisons, quotes or further information for products or services that are shown on our site ("Information"), through our online forms or otherwise, we may:
- contact you by telephone, SMS, email or post with the Information;
- contact you by telephone, SMS, email or post to confirm or verify your contact details or the details of your request; and/or pass on your personal information and the details of your request to selected suppliers of the products or services for which you have requested Information, who may contact you directly by telephone, SMS, email or post.
We may also use your personal and other information in the following ways:
- To contact you by telephone, SMS, email or post to ask about your experiences with the selected suppliers and request feedback. This might be in the form of survey questions, for example.
- To contact you by telephone, SMS, email or post with information about other products and services (ours and third parties') in which we think you may be interested.
- To pass on your personal information to selected suppliers of other products or services in which we think you may be interested, who may contact you directly by telephone, SMS, email or post.
- If you consent, to pass your contact details, including your email address, to organisations that have a relationship with you to enable such organisations to update their records.
- To facilitate communication between you and our customers (i.e. suppliers of products and services that are shown on our site).
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To enable you to access and use our site and services.
- To ensure that the content on our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, and improve our site.
- To notify you about changes to our site or services.
We may also use, and provide our customers with, anonymised aggregated information about our site users.
DISCLOSING/SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business, assets or shares, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business, assets or shares.
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our site users, including you, will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
The information that we collect from you may be collected, transferred to, processed and/or stored in countries outside the European Economic Area (the "EEA"). Those countries may not have the same level of legal protection as countries in the EEA. If we do transfer your information in this way, we will take steps to ensure that it is protected to the same levels that apply in the EEA.
You have certain rights under the Act.
At any time, you may ask us to stop sending direct marketing communications. You can exercise this right by contacting us at the postal or email address set out below.
You can also use the unsubscribe/opt-out link within our marketing emails.
You also have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10.00 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that, when you visit our site, we download and store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or other device. They allow us to recognise your computer or other device, and deliver a better and more personalised service to you.
TYPES OF COOKIES
Cookies can be session cookies or persistent cookies, and can be either first or third party cookies as defined below:
Session cookies: These allow us to track and link your actions during a single browser session, e.g. to remember the items returned from a search. These are created temporarily and, once you close your browser, all session cookies expire and are deleted.
Persistent cookies: These allow us to authenticate you, and remember your preferences and therefore enable us to enhance your website experience. These remain on your device between browser sessions.
First and third party cookies: Session cookies and persistent cookies can be either first or third party cookies depending upon the domain placing the cookie. First party cookies are those set by our site. Third party cookies are issued by a different site to our site.
We use a mixture of all these types of cookies on our site to provide our services and enhance your experience. Some of the cookies used on our site are Essential/Strictly Necessary cookies, Analytical/Performance cookies, Functionality cookies and Advertising/Targeting cookies, as set out and described in the table below.
HOW YOU CAN MANAGE COOKIES & MORE INFORMATION
Generally, you can set your browser to accept all cookies, block/reject all cookies, or modify your browser to alert you of any new cookies. To clear the stored cookies, you can normally go to the Tools dropdown menu at the top of the browser window.
Our site, or parts of it, may not function without technical problems or be accessible if you have disabled cookies in your browser.
You can find more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, by visiting www.aboutcookies.org orwww.allaboutcookies.org.